Physics professor Willibald Weniger was born in Wisconsin in 1884. He received B.A. (1905), M.S. (1906), and Ph.D. (1908) degrees from the University of Wisconsin. In 1908, he came to Oregon Agricultural College to organize and head the Physics Department. He left OAC in 1914 to work as a physicist for General Electric in Cleveland, Ohio, and returned in 1920 as Physics Department head. He retired from Oregon State College in 1951 and died in Corvallis, Oregon in 1959. Weniger Hall on the OSU campus is named for him.
Return to Weniger, Willibald, Photographic Collection Home