Oregon State UniversitySpecial Collections & Archives Research Center

Radiation Center Photographs, 1959-1965

Image from a booklet titled: "The Radiation Center, Oregon State University," published by the State Board of Higher Education.  Photo caption reads: "Walk-in hood in a high-level radiochemical laboratory. One-pass ventilation system is used throughout the building. Hood exhausts are all equipped with absolute filters."

Information and Credits

P 033

The Radiation Center Photographs document the Radiation Center facility at Oregon State University, faculty associated with the Center, and nuclear physics equipment in use at Oregon State College prior to establishment of the Radiation Center. The Radiation Center was established in the early 1960s as a research laboratory for nuclear and radiation research at Oregon State University.

Historical Note 

Scope and Content Note

Quantity

0.01 cubic foot, including 5 photographs and 4 slides; 2 boxes, including 1 oversize box

Related Papers

Additional materials pertaining to the Radiation Center are available in the Radiation Center (RG 202), College of Engineering (RG 062), and President's Office (RG 013) Records. The E. Dale Trout Papers document research on X-ray equipment, diagnostic radiology, and the administration of the X-Ray Science and Engineering Laboratory at Oregon State University.

More Information