Intramural and intercollegiate athletics as well as physical recreation activities have been offered for women at Oregon State since at least as early as the 1890s. During the early and middle decades of the 20th century, Oregon State had one of the largest women's athletics program in the northwest. Oregon State's first basketball team was the women's team, established in 1898 and preceding the first men's team by 3 years. Several women basketball players were selected to receive the college emblem in the early 1900s by the Athletic Union.
Return to Women's Athletics Photograph Collection Home