The Oregon State University Women's Club was founded in 1925 as the Oregon Agricultural College Homemakers' Club (also known as the "Mamma Beavers") to promote the college and its advantages to Portland high school graduates. Members were all women graduates from the 1910s and 1920s who lived in Portland. Membership was limited to 40 so that they could meet in members' homes. These women continued to meet regularly for a luncheon or picnic until 10 May 1983, when they held their last scheduled meeting with only 8 members present.
Return to Oregon State University Women's Club Records Home