Oregon State UniversitySpecial Collections & Archives Research Center

Collections

Natural Resources: E (23)

All Natural Resources | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z 

Floyd and Lilly Nordgren Edwards Collection

Floyd and Lilly Nordgren Edwards Collection, 1923-1933

The Floyd and Lilly Nordgren Edwards Collection consists of materials created and assembled by Floyd Edwards and Lilly Nordgren primarily during the early 1930s when Edwards was a graduate student at Oregon Agricultural College and Nordgren was an instructor in office training and secretarial science. Floyd Edwards earned BS (1923) and MS (1931) degrees in agriculture from Oregon Agricultural College (OAC). Lilly Nordgren earned a BS in commerce from OAC in 1924.
MSS EdwardsFloyd
0.05 cubic foot; 1 box
University History, Natural Resources 

Paul R. Elliker Papers

Paul R. Elliker Papers, 1934-1973

These papers were created during Elliker's tenure at Purdue University and as chairman of the Department of Microbiology at Oregon State University. They document his research interests and career in teaching. The collection consists of professional correspondence, laboratory notes and tests, teaching curriculum notes, memorabilia, and a published paper.
MSS Elliker
1.2 cubic feet; The materials are housed in one cubic foot box and in two document boxes.
University History, Natural Resources, History of Science / Photographs 

Joseph Emery Lecture Notebook

Joseph Emery Lecture Notebook, ca. 1872

The Emery Lecture Notebook contains geology lecture notes and entries regarding subscriptions to purchase the original campus of Corvallis College.
MSS Emery
0.1 cubic ft.
University History, Natural Resources, History of Science 

Engineering Experiment Station Records

Engineering Experiment Station Records, 1904-1989

The Engineering Experiment Station Records document engineering research conducted by faculty, staff, and students at Oregon State University. The bulk of the collection is comprised of the Papers of Samuel H. Graf. The Engineering Experiment Station was established at Oregon Agricultural College in 1927. Samuel H. Graf earned several engineering degrees from Oregon Agricultural College, joined the faculty in 1909, and served as director of engineering research (1928-1944) and director of the Engineering Experiment Station (1944-1954).
RG 100
1 cubic foot; 1 box; 34 microfilm reels
University History, Natural Resources, History of Science 

College of Engineering Photograph Collection

College of Engineering Photograph Collection, 1920-2013

The College of Engineering Photograph Collection includes group photographs of graduating classes from the Schools of Mechanical Engineering, Industrial and Manufacturing, and Metallurgic Engineering as well as composites of Engineering faculty and staff members. Also included are a number of slides generated for use in various presentations.
P 069
5.31 cubic feet; 2 archives boxes, 2 document boxes, 5 oversize boxes and 3 oversize cabinet drawers
University History, Natural Resources, History of Science / PhotographsBorn-Digital Materials 

College of Engineering Records

College of Engineering Records, 1930-2002

These records were generated and assembled by the College of Engineering and document the administration of the College and the instructional, research, and professional activities of engineering faculty at Oregon State University.
RG 062
23 cubic feet; 24 boxes, including 1 oversize box; 9 microfilm reels
University History, Natural Resources, History of Science 

David C. England Papers

David C. England Papers, 1954-1990

The David C. England Papers consist of materials related to England's research in swine production and breeding.
MSS England
3.45 cubic feet, including 915 photographs.; 4 archives boxes
University History, Natural Resources / Photographs 

Environmental Health Sciences Center Records

Environmental Health Sciences Center Records, 1964-1996

The Environmental Health Sciences Center Records document interdisciplinary reserach in environmental toxicology at Oregon State University. The Environmental Health Sciences Center was established in 1967 with funding from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences.
RG 155
1.3 cubic ft.
University History, Natural Resources, History of Science 

Environmental Remote Sensing Applications Laboratory Records

Environmental Remote Sensing Applications Laboratory Records, 1970-1983

The Environmental Remote Sensing Applications Laboratory (ERSAL) Records document the projects undertaken by the Laboratory to forward the application of remote sensing technology to a variety of natural resource and environmental problems. ERSAL was established at Oregon State University in 1972 with funding from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
RG 218
5.5 cubic feet, including 200 photographs; 6 boxes, including 1 roll storage container
University History, Natural Resources, History of Science / PhotographsMaps 

Leif D. Espenas Papers

Leif D. Espenas Papers, 1938-1970

The Leif D. Espenas Papers document Espenas' work as a forest products researcher and administrator with the Oregon Forest Products Laboratory and the Oregon State University Forest Research Laboratory. Espenas joined the Forest Products Laboratory as a Wood Technologist in 1947 and was a researcher at the laboratory until his death in 1973. His research speciality was kiln drying and wood-moisture relations.
MSS Espenas
5.5 cubic feet; 6 boxes
University History, Natural Resources 

Evans, Gwil, Photographic Collection

Evans, Gwil, Photographic Collection, 1930-1968

This extensive photographic collection consists of photographs taken by the staff of the Oregon State College (and later Oregon State University) News Bureau.
P 082
6 cubic feet; approx. 3000 prints and 5000 negatives.
University History, Natural Resources, Multicultural Archives, History of Science, Local History / Photographs 

Harold J. Evans Papers

Harold J. Evans Papers, 1947-1992

The Harold J. Evans Papers consist of materials relating to Evans' nitrogen fixation research.
MSS EvansHJ
3.3 cubic feet, including 790 photographs; 4 archives boxes
University History, History of Science, Natural Resources / Photographs 

Experiment Station Communications Films

Experiment Station Communications Films, 1974-1984

The Experiment Station Communications Films were produced by the Oregon State University Experiment Station primarily for television public service announcements to provide information about agricultural research.
FV P 132
11 cubic feet; approx. 350 reels
University History, Natural Resources / Videos 

Experiment Station Publications Photographic Collection

Experiment Station Publications Photographic Collection, 1949-1979

The Experiment Station Publications Photographic Collection document Agricultural Experiment Station research in Corvallis and at Branch Stations throughout Oregon.
P 132
0.3 cubic foot, including 500 photographs; 1 box
University History, Natural Resources / Photographs 

Expositions and Fairs Photograph Collection

Expositions and Fairs Photograph Collection, 1905-1949

The Expositions and Fairs Photograph Collection contains images documenting the 1905 Lewis and Clark Centennial Exposition in Portland, as well as later Oregon State Fair displays and small exhibits hosted on the OSC campus.
P 043
3 folders including 16 print photographs and one 8" x 10" glass negative.
University History, Natural Resources / Photographs 

OSU Extension Association Records

OSU Extension Association Records, 1971-1999

The OSU Extension Association Records consist of membership lists, by-laws, memoranda, correspondence, newsletters, meeting minutes, and budgetary materials generated by the OSU Extension Association.
MSS OSUEA
3.29 cubic feet; 2 archives boxes, 5 document boxes
University History, Natural Resources 

Extension Bulletin Illustrations Photograph Collection

Extension Bulletin Illustrations Photograph Collection, 1915-1963

The Extension Bulletin Illustrations Photograph Collection consists of images that were created and assembled for use in Oregon State College Extension Service publications and county reports. They document extension activities in agriculture, home economics, and youth programs.
P 020
1.2 cubic feet, including 2200 photographs; 8 boxes
University History, Natural Resources, Multicultural Archives / Photographs 

Extension and Experiment Station Communications Moving Images

Extension and Experiment Station Communications Moving Images, 1937-2007

The Extension and Experiment Station Communication Moving Images include motion picture films, videotapes and DVDs of final productions and raw footage documenting the variety of Oregon State University Extension and Experiment Station outreach and research activities in agriculture, forestry, home economics, fisheries, and 4-H.
FV P 120
65 cubic feet, including 1,152 films, 696 videotapes, 130 U-matic cassette tapes, 14 videotape reels, 5 Betacam tapes and 4 DVDs; 164 boxes and 7 film cans
University History, Natural Resources, Multicultural Archives / Videos 

Extension and Experiment Station Communications Photograph Collection

Extension and Experiment Station Communications Photograph Collection, 1912-1997

The Extension and Experiment Station Communications Photograph Collection consists of about 25,500 images generated by Experiment Station staff. These images were used in publications such as Oregon's Agricultural Progress and Pacific Northwest Bulletins as well as news releases, poster presentations and displays. The images depict a variety of OSU research projects, Experiment Station branch facilities, portraits of OSU staff, Extension and Experiment Station-sponsored events, and animal-oriented topics.
P 120
10.44 cubic feet, including about 10,200 prints; 15,300 negatives; and 1,034 slides; 7 archives boxes, 5 document boxes, 1 16x20 oversize box, 1 12x17 oversize box
University History, Natural Resources, Local History / PhotographsBorn-Digital Materials 

Extension and Experiment Station Communications Records

Extension and Experiment Station Communications Records, 1949-1995

The Extension and Experiment Station Communications Records document preparation of publications, news releases, radio programs, and public service announcements by Oregon State University Extension programs in agriculture, home economics, marine resources, and 4-H. In addition, the records document the communication of the results of OSU Agricultural Experiment Station research to the public and other researchers. The records include sound recordings, publication records, and biographical files for Extension agents and specialists.
RG 069
5.8 cubic ft.; 3 microfilm reels; 548 audio tapes
University History, Natural Resources, Multicultural Archives / Sound Recordings and Oral Histories 

Oregon State University Extension Service Faculty and Staff Oral History Collection

Oregon State University Extension Service Faculty and Staff Oral History Collection, 2007-2009

The Oregon State University Extension Service Faculty and Staff Oral History Collection consists of digital recordings of oral history interviews with retired and emeritus Extension Service faculty and staff, transcripts, photographs, and related documentation. These oral histories document the programs and activities of the Extension Service in Oregon from the 1940s through the 1990s.
OH 14
0.03 cubic foot; 1 box; 59 sound files, 54 image files, and 87 document files; 10.8 Gbytes
University History, Natural Resources / Sound Recordings and Oral HistoriesPhotographsBorn-Digital Materials 

Extension Service Photographs

Extension Service Photographs, 1900-2007

The Extension Service Photographs document Extension programs, activities, and staff throughout Oregon as well as Oregon agriculture. The Extension Service was established in Oregon in 1911.
P 062
2.4 cubic feet, including 3350 photographs; 9 boxes, including 2 oversize boxes
University History, Natural Resources, Multicultural Archives / Photographs 

Extension Service Records

Extension Service Records, 1903-2002

The Extension Service Records pertain to the administration and programmatic activities of the Oregon State University Extension Service. The records document policies and procedures, research activities, special events, and services provided to Oregonians at the state and county levels. They also document the service's relationship with the federal government and extension services in other states.
RG 111
96 cubic ft.; The Extension Service records are housed in 93 cubic foot boxes, 1 document case, 5 oversize boxes, and 1 oversize drawer.; 218 microfilm reels
University History, Natural Resources, Multicultural Archives, Local History / Sound Recordings and Oral HistoriesMapsScrapbooksBorn-Digital Materials