The Warm Springs Indian Reservation consists of about 1000 square miles in north central Oregon. It is occupied and governed by the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs, which was formed in 1937 from the Wasco, Tenino (Warm Springs), and Paiute tribes. There has been a close relationship between Oregon State University and the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs since the mid-1950s, when Oregon State established an Extension Service office on the reservation. In the late 1950s, Oregon State conducted an economic development study, the Warm Spring Research Project, at the request of the tribes. A new memorandum of understanding between Oregon State University and the Confederated Tribes was signed in April 2009.
Return to Native American Maps Collection Home