The Mothers Club at Oregon State was established in 1933 during the annual Women's Weekend with the following purpose: "We pledge our support to preserve all traditions of Oregon State College, to futher its interest at all times, and to cooperate with students, alumni, faculty, and the President." Membership was extended to all women who supported this purpose and chapters (units) were established throughout the state. By 1935, units had been established in Corvallis, Hood River, Medford, and Pendleton. In the mid-1980s, there were 17 units: Beaverton, Aloha, and Sunset; Albany; Coos Bay and North Bend; Corvallis; Eugene and Springfield; Junction City, Harrisburg, and Monroe; Klamath Basin; Lake County; Lebanon, Sweet Home, and Brownsville; Mid-Columbia; Portland; Salem; Tillamook County; Pendleton and Umatilla County; Wallow County; Union County; and Morrow. Members included alumnae, mothers of current and former students, faculty and staff, and other supporters of Oregon State.
The Mothers Club (also known as the Moms Club) sponsored a variety of activities to promote Oregon State, raised funds for scholarships, and was active in Women's Weekend (later known as Mother's or Mom's Weekend) on campus.
Return to Oregon State University Mothers Club Records Home