Oregon State UniversitySpecial Collections & Archives Research Center

Oregon Central Military Road Map, 1865

Historical Note:

The Oregon Central Military Wagon Road was built by a private corporation, the Oregon Central Military Road Company (Eugene, Oregon) through federal land grants to the State of Oregon for the purpose of constructing a military wagon road from Eugene, Oregon, to Boise, Idaho. Initial surveying and construction began in 1864, however, most of the surveying for the road was conducted in the summer of 1865.


Return to Oregon Central Military Road Map Home