Doryce June McDonald enrolled as graduate student in Interdisciplinary Studies in 1989 with a focus on history and museum studies. During her graduate program, she completed an internship with the Horner Museum. McDonald completed her MA in Interdisciplinary Studies in 1995. Prior to her enrollment, McDonald was a staff member at Oregon State University for almost 20 years -- most of that time in the College of Forestry.
Established by the university in 1925 and housed in various locations on campus, the Horner Museum officially closed to the public in 1995 due to budget cutbacks resulting from the passage of Ballot Measure 5 in 1990. Custody of the materials was transferred to the Benton County Historical Society in 2005. In Spring 2008, the physical collection was moved from the OSU campus to the Historical Society's collections storage facility in Philomath, Oregon.
Return to Doryce J. McDonald Papers Home