The Maple Manor Cooperative House was established as a housing cooperative for Oregon State College men students in the fall of 1940 and operated for 3 academic years, until the spring of 1943. Jim Jackson served as corresponding secretary and president of Maple Manor and was a member of the Oregon State College Independent Student Council. Jackson served in Europe during World War II, returned to Oregon State after the war, and completed an undergraduate degree in education in 1947. Jackson was music director for KOAC radio for the next three years. A longtime resident of Corvallis, Jackson died in 2010.
Return to Maple Manor Cooperative House Records Home