Local History: B (14)
The Walter R. Baker Photographs consists of images taken or
collected by Baker during and soon after his student years at Oregon Agricultural
The collection includes images of campus buildings and students as well photographs
in and near Salem, Oregon, and of the Portland, Oregon, waterfront. Baker attended
OAC from 1904
to 1909; he earned a BS in Electrical Engineering in 1908 and completed graduate work
leading to designation as an Electrical Engineer.
1.5 cubic feet, including 522 photographs; 15 boxes, including 1 oversize box
University History, Multicultural Archives, Local History / Photographs
The Benton County Bicentennial Commission
Records document the development of programs and activities on the Oregon State
University campus, in Corvallis, in Benton County, and in Oregon to commemorate
the bicentennial of the American Revolution. Oregon State University Archivist,
Sarah J. Wilson, was chair of the Commission.
1 cubic foot; 2 boxes, including 1 oversize box
University History, Local History
The Oral Histories of the Benton County (Or.) Courthouse document the history of the
building as expressed by descendants of those who built it as well as those who worked
in it and fought to have it preserved, including Judge Richard Mengler and six other
interviewees. Completed in 1889 and located in downtown Corvallis, the Benton County
Courthouse is Oregon's oldest courthouse building still being used for its original
0.6 cubic feet, including 37 audiocassettes; 3 boxes
Local History / Sound Recordings and Oral Histories
The Benton County Courthouse Scrapbook was prepared in 1968 by the Benton County Court
nomination of the site as a state historic site. The scrapbook includes photographs
as well as reproductions of historical documents. The Benton
County Courthouse was built in 1888 in Corvallis, Oregon, and is the oldest courthouse
in Oregon still in use for that purpose.
0.2 cubic feet, including 11 photographs; 1 oversize box
University History, Local History / Photographs, Scrapbooks
The Benton County (Or.) Extension Service Records consist of materials
generated and assembled by the Extension Service Office in Benton County, primarily
documenting extension forestry activities and programs. Richard A. (Rick) Fletcher
was Extension Forestry Agent for Benton County from 1979 until 2011.
4 cubic feet, including 155 photographs; 4 boxes
University History, Natural Resources, Local History / Photographs, Born-Digital Materials
The Benton County Foundation Records document the activities of the Foundation from
its establishment in 1953 through the 1990s. The collection contains materials that
describe the Foundation's history, activities of its Board of Directors, financial
status, and its involvement in supporting and improving community programs in Benton
0.4 cubic foot; 2 boxes
University History, Local History
The Helen M. and Alan B. Berg Papers document their professional and civic activities
at Oregon State University
and in the City of Corvallis. The papers include articles reprints and publications;
correspondence; subject files; military records; photographs;
moving images; and sound recordings. Helen M. Berg earned an MS in statistics from
Oregon State and was Director of the Survey Research Center;
Alan B. Berg earned a BS in forestry management from Oregon State and was a faculty
member in forest science. Both served on the Corvallis City
Council (Alan in 1973-1978 and Helen in 1991-1994) and as Mayor of Corvallis (Alan
in 1979-1986 and Helen in 1995-2006).
2.4 cubic feet, including 150 photographs and 2 DVDs; 3 boxes
University History, Natural Resources, Local History / Photographs, Videos, Sound Recordings and Oral Histories, Born-Digital Materials
The Bluebird Habitat Research Records
document the Bluebird Trail project of the Audubon Society of Corvallis to
install and monitor bluebird nesting boxes in Corvallis and the
surrounding area in an effort to reestablish local breeding populations.
Elsie Eltzroth founded the program and was coordinator until
1.6 cubic feet; 2 boxes
Natural Resources, Local History
The Arthur G. Bouquet Collection consists of materials documenting the life of Bouquet
and the family of his wife,
Mary Grace Wilson Bouquet. Bouquet graduated from Oregon Agricultural College in 1906
and was a faculty member in the Oregon State College
Horticulture Department from 1909 until his retirement in 1950.
0.25 cubic foot, including 125 photographs; 2 boxes
University History, Natural Resources, Local History / Photographs
The Boy Scouts of America Troop 1 Records
document the organization's youth members, adult leaders, and activities.
Troop 1 was established in Corvallis, Oregon, in 1919.
1.5 cubic feet, including 120 photographs; 3 boxes
Local History / Photographs
The Philip M. Brandt Papers document the
role of Philip M. Brandt, department head of the Dairy Husbandry
Department at Oregon State College, in Oregon Republican politics and the
0.01 cubic ft.
University History, Natural Resources, Local History
The Building Photographs collection documents Oregon State University buildings, grounds,
and facilities as well as a limited number of other notable buildings in Corvallis.
The collection also includes approximately 20 line drawings of buildings located on
other Oregon University System campuses.
2.1 cubic ft.; approx. 1230 prints, 130 negatives, and 80 nitrate negatives.
University History, Local History / Photographs
The Business Affairs Photographic Collection consists primarily of interior and exterior
views of Corvallis houses including the Jenup House, Evgy House, Walters House, Yoder
House, Hordykl House, and others. Also included are several images of Newport, Oregon
- aerial views of the city, photographs of the pier and jetty, and images of the town's
buildings and infrastructure.
286 photographs; 1 box
Local History, University History / Photographs