The Margaret Snell Club was established at Oregon Agricultural College in about 1910 for students in domestic science and arts and became the Home Economics Club several years later. The organization sponsored several events included the spring honors luncheon and participated in various activities to promote home economics. Beginning in the 1920s, the organization funded an International Friendship Scholarship for a foreign graduate student to attend Oregon State for one year. During the 1960s and 1970s, the Club was also known as the Oregon State Chapter of the American Home Economics Association and the College Chapter of the Oregon Home Ecnonomics Association.
Return to Home Economics Club Records Home