Oregon State UniversitySpecial Collections & Archives Research Center

Collections

History of Science: E (17)

All History of Science | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | Y | Z 

Electrical Engineering Department Records

Electrical Engineering Department Records, 1972-2002

The Electrical Engineering Department Records consist of scholarship data, department bylaws, newsletters, correspondence, survey forms and meeting minutes documenting the activities of the department.
RG 121
0.79 cubic feet; 3 document boxes; 10 file folders
University History, History of Science 

Paul R. Elliker Papers

Paul R. Elliker Papers, 1934-1973

These papers were created during Elliker's tenure at Purdue University and as chairman of the Department of Microbiology at Oregon State University. They document his research interests and career in teaching. The collection consists of professional correspondence, laboratory notes and tests, teaching curriculum notes, memorabilia, and a published paper.
MSS Elliker
1.2 cubic feet; The materials are housed in one cubic foot box and in two document boxes.
University History, Natural Resources, History of Science / Photographs 

Merlin S. Eltzroth Papers

Merlin S. Eltzroth Papers, 1971-2005

The Merlin S. Eltzroth Papers consist of field notes compiled by Eltzroth about first and second recorded sightings of birds that are rarely seen in Oregon and a personal history, Here, There and Eltzwhere, written by Eltzroth. Eltzroth earned a BS degree in Wildlife Science from Oregon State University in 1974.
MSS Eltzroth
0.4 cubic foot; 1 box
University History, History of Science, Local History 

Joseph Emery Lecture Notebook

Joseph Emery Lecture Notebook, ca. 1872

The Emery Lecture Notebook contains geology lecture notes and entries regarding subscriptions to purchase the original campus of Corvallis College.
MSS Emery
0.1 cubic ft.
University History, Natural Resources, History of Science 

Paul Emmett Papers

Paul Emmett Papers, 1918-2001

Paul Emmett (1900-1985), a friend and colleague of Linus Pauling, graduated in 1922 from Oregon Agricultural College and completed his doctoral work on heterogeneous catalysis at Caltech in 1925. A major figure in the history of catalysis chemistry, Emmett was elected to the National Academy of Sciences in 1955 and worked at a handful of institutions, including The Johns Hopkins University, where he chaired the Chemical Engineering Department until his retirement in 1971. Special Collections houses Emmett's manuscripts, research notebooks, correspondence and awards.
MSS Emmett
114 linear feet; 233 boxes
University History, History of Science / PhotographsSound Recordings and Oral HistoriesVideos 

Oregon Agricultural College Engineering Association Records

Oregon Agricultural College Engineering Association Records, 1905-1909

The Oregon Agricultural College Engineering Association Records document the activities and administration of this organization of junior and senior electrical and mechanical engineering students.
RG 040
0.02 cubic ft.; 1 microfilm reel
University History, History of Science 

Engineering Experiment Station Records

Engineering Experiment Station Records, 1904-1989

The Engineering Experiment Station Records document engineering research conducted by faculty, staff, and students at Oregon State University. The bulk of the collection is comprised of the Papers of Samuel H. Graf. The Engineering Experiment Station was established at Oregon Agricultural College in 1927. Samuel H. Graf earned several engineering degrees from Oregon Agricultural College, joined the faculty in 1909, and served as director of engineering research (1928-1944) and director of the Engineering Experiment Station (1944-1954).
RG 100
1 cubic foot; 1 box; 34 microfilm reels
University History, Natural Resources, History of Science 

College of Engineering Moving Images

College of Engineering Moving Images, circa 1980 - 1996

The College of Engineering Moving Images consists of two videotapes and a motion picture film documenting the academic programs of the College and the Multiple Engineeering Cooperative Program (MECOP). The videotapes include footage of College of Engineering faculty and students.
FV P 069
0.1 cubic foot, including 2 videotapes and one motion picture film; 2 boxes
University History, History of Science / Videos 

College of Engineering Photograph Collection

College of Engineering Photograph Collection, 1920-2013

The College of Engineering Photograph Collection includes group photographs of graduating classes from the Schools of Mechanical Engineering, Industrial and Manufacturing, and Metallurgic Engineering as well as composites of Engineering faculty and staff members. Also included are a number of slides generated for use in various presentations.
P 069
8 cubic feet; 5 archives boxes, 2 document boxes, 6 oversize boxes and 3 oversize cabinet drawers
University History, Natural Resources, History of Science / PhotographsBorn-Digital Materials 

College of Engineering Records

College of Engineering Records, 1930-2002

These records were generated and assembled by the College of Engineering and document the administration of the College and the instructional, research, and professional activities of engineering faculty at Oregon State University.
RG 062
23 cubic feet; 24 boxes, including 1 oversize box; 9 microfilm reels
University History, Natural Resources, History of Science 

Entomology Department Photograph Collection

Entomology Department Photograph Collection, 1912-2002

This collection consists of photographs generated and collected by the Entomology Department. The materials document the activities of department faculty, staff, and students as well as classes, entomology research and fieldwork, and various insects.
P 055
1.56 cubic feet, including 2,566 images; 2 file folders, 4 document boxes, 1 postcard box
University History, History of Science / PhotographsVideos 

Entomology Department Records

Entomology Department Records, 1887-2003

The Entomology Department Records were generated and collected by the Entomology Department at Oregon State University and pertain to the development and administration of the department. They document policy formulation, compilation of departmental information, faculty research, committee activity, and interaction between the Extension Service and the department, and also reflect the department's acquisition and loan of entomological specimens. Entomology was first taught at Corvallis College in 1873; the Department of Zoology and Entomology was established in 1889.
RG 027
18 cubic feet; 20 boxes and 1 map folder; 4 microfilm reels
University History, History of Science 

Environmental Health Sciences Center Records

Environmental Health Sciences Center Records, 1964-1996

The Environmental Health Sciences Center Records document interdisciplinary reserach in environmental toxicology at Oregon State University. The Environmental Health Sciences Center was established in 1967 with funding from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences.
RG 155
1.3 cubic ft.
University History, Natural Resources, History of Science 

Environmental and Molecular Toxicology Department Faculty Research Publications

Environmental and Molecular Toxicology Department Faculty Research Publications, 1973-2010

The Environmental and Molecular Toxicology Department Faculty Research Publications consist of journal articles written by faculty and graduate student researchers at Oregon State University conducting toxicology-based research on the effects of chemicals on humans and the environment. The Environmental and Molecular Toxicology Department, an academic unit in the College of Agricultural Sciences, was formed in 1998 as a result of a reorganization of former programs in agricultural chemistry and toxicology.
RG 255
0.5 cubic foot; 2 boxes
University History, History of Science 

Environmental Remote Sensing Applications Laboratory Records

Environmental Remote Sensing Applications Laboratory Records, 1961-1988

The Environmental Remote Sensing Applications Laboratory (ERSAL) Records document the projects undertaken by the Laboratory to forward the application of remote sensing technology to a variety of natural resource and environmental problems. ERSAL was established at Oregon State University in 1972 with funding from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
RG 218
9.6 cubic feet, including 2884 photographs; 10 boxes, including 1 roll storage container and 1 map folder
University History, Natural Resources, History of Science / PhotographsMaps 

Evans, Gwil, Photographic Collection

Evans, Gwil, Photographic Collection, 1930-1968

This extensive photographic collection consists of photographs taken by the staff of the Oregon State College (and later Oregon State University) News Bureau.
P 082
6 cubic feet; approx. 3000 prints and 5000 negatives.
University History, Natural Resources, Multicultural Archives, History of Science, Local History / Photographs 

Harold J. Evans Papers

Harold J. Evans Papers, 1947-1992

The Harold J. Evans Papers consist of materials relating to Evans' nitrogen fixation research.
MSS EvansHJ
3.3 cubic feet, including 790 photographs; 4 archives boxes
University History, History of Science, Natural Resources / Photographs