Oregon State UniversitySpecial Collections & Archives Research Center

Oregon State University Folk Club Records, 1949-2011

Scope and Content Note

Accession 2001:061 consists of records documenting the club's charitable work including the awarding of scholarships, interest group meetings, the welcoming of new members, and the Corvallis thrift shop operated by the Club. Among the materials in this accession are newspaper clippings, correspondence, committee records, reports, newsletters and a scrapbook.

Accession 2006:024 contains general records documenting club activities, administration, and member news. The materials in this transfer include a scrapbook made up of event programs, flyers, newspaper clippings, newsletters, photographs and yearbooks.

Accession 2009:041 is made up of display panels that document various club events, interest groups within the organization, the club's scholarship for OSU students, club officers, the downtown Corvallis thrift shop operated by members, and grant funds made by the club to community groups. Primarily made up of newspaper clippings reproduced and dry mounted on foamcore, the panels also contain photographic prints and graphs. Also included in this transfer are two copies of a brochure developed for the club's May luncheon at which the panels were presented. The accession also includes a framed photograph of an early club meeting.

Accession 2012:049 consists of circular letters, meeting notes, a newspaper clipping, rosters of past club presidents, and a club yearbook from 1975/76. Although a letter and envelope found in this accession indicate that Betty Slegel collected these items in 1979, the donor remains unknown.


Return to Oregon State University Folk Club Records Home