Oregon State UniversitySpecial Collections & Archives Research Center

Oregon State University Folk Club Records, 1949-2011

Historical Note

The OSU Folk Club was established in 1908 by Leonora Kerr, the wife of OAC President William Jasper Kerr, to provide social opportunities for women employed by the college as well as the wives, mothers, and daughters of male faculty. Developing into a service organization by 1930 when it began to offer scholarships to students, the OSU Folk Club has operated a thrift store since 1949 to help raise funds for scholarships and other charitable endeavors.


Return to Oregon State University Folk Club Records Home