Oregon State UniversitySpecial Collections & Archives Research Center

Media Services Moving Images, 1957-2002

Historical Note:

The Instructional Resources and Materials Center (IRAM) was established in 1965 to provide educational media services such as film ordering; audio-visual equipment rental; and art and photographic services. The Classroom Television Center was officially established in 1966 to support various instructional and promotional uses of television, which had been developing on campus since the mid-1950s. In 1982, IRAM was combined with the Classroom Television Center to become the Communication Media Center (CMC).

The unit became known as Media Services in about 2004. Media Services provides media and instructional technology to advance and support learning, academic programs, research, administrative functions, and outreach. The core functions include web development and systems support, quality media production, classroom technologies, audio/video systems, faculty support, and student access to computing and media resources.


Return to Media Services Moving Images Home