The Manufacturing Engineering Cooperative Program (MECOP) was established in 1978 as a collaboration between OSU and Oregon-based manufacturing companies to provide Oregon State engineering students a working laboratory to apply the theories they learned in the classroom. In 1992, the mechanical, electrical and chemical engineering departments began participating and the program was renamed the Multiple Engineering Cooperative Program. Program participants complete two 6-month internships in industry during their undergraduate degree program.
Instruction in engineering at Oregon State dates back to the 1880s and academic departments for engineering were established in the 1890s-1900s. In 1908, the School of Engineering was established.
Return to College of Engineering Moving Images Home