A four-year degree program in forestry was established at Oregon Agricultural College in 1906. The School of Forestry was formed in 1913, with George Peavy as the first Dean. George W. Brown served as Dean of Forestry from 1990 to 2000; Hal Salwasser was appointed Dean in 2000.
The Oregon Forest Resources Institute was established by the Oregon Legislature in 1991 to improve public understanding of the state's forest resources and to provide training and other educational programs in environmentally sound forest management for forest landowners.
Return to College of Forestry Moving Images Home