Oregon State UniversitySpecial Collections & Archives Research Center

News and Communication Services Motion Picture Films and Videotapes, 1942-2000

Historical Note:

A Department of Information was established at Oregon State College in the 1950s to provide news about the College to off-campus media. It became the Department of News and Communication Services in 1991 with the purpose of fostering close ties with the newspapers, wire services, radio and television stations, and professional publications of the state, region, and nation. The Department of Information began producing news releases, short productions, and public service announcements on motion picture film and video in the 1970s.

Dennis G. (Denny) Miles joined the Department of Information staff in late 1971 as Assistant Director of Information for Broadcast Media with a co-appointment as Instructor in the Department of Speech Communication. Miles earned a BS in General Science Education from Oregon State University in 1967 and worked at KBVR during his student years. Miles resigned from Oregon State University in April 1978.


Return to News and Communication Services Motion Picture Films and Videotapes Home