An alumni organization was established at OSU (then Corvallis College) in 1875; John Bryson (Class of 1874) was the first president. In 1914 a formal constitution was adopted that provided for a five-member board. E.B. Lemon became the first regular alumni secretary in 1915 and started the alumni magazine, the OAC Alumnus. In 1926, the alumni magazine became the Oregon State Monthly; it became the Oregon Stater in 1940 and has retained that title since.
In 1929, the alumni office was moved from the Commerce Building to the newly completed Memorial Union. The CH2M Hill Alumni Center was completed on campus in 1997; it was built as a conference and meeting center and as the home of OSU Alumni Association events and its administrative offices.
Oregon State University commemorated the centennnial of its founding during the 1968-1969 academic year with a variety of events.
Oregon State football teams played in the 1942, 1957, and 1965 Rose Bowls, at the end of the 1941, 1956, and 1964 football seasons. The 1942 Rose Bowl was relocated from the west coast to Durham, North Carolina.
Return to Alumni Association Motion Picture Films and Videotapes Home