Coed Cottage was established in September 1956, with the name Co-op Cottage, as a cooperative housing residence for women students at Oregon State College; the name was changed to Coed Cottage in the fall of 1957. The cooperative was closed in 1984.
Coed Cottage, the second University-owned women's cooperative, was located at 33 NW 26th Street. The building was constructed in 1926 as the Alpha Chi Omega sorority. Since 1984, the structure has housed the administrative offices of the College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences.
Return to Coed Cottage Records Home