The Clackamas County Jersey Cattle Club was organized on January 17, 1920, by Clackamas County Extension agent R.G. Scott. The purpose of the club was to promote improvement in the Jersey cattle breed through show ring exhibits, by production testing and classification. The club worked closely with the 4-H clubs and Future Farmers of America (FFA) chapters in the county. The club's officers in 1945 were George J. Horning, Jr., president; C.E. Eastman, vice-president; and Vesta Mark, secretary. The club won the national achievement award in 1920, 1942 and 1946.
Return to Clackamas County Jersey Cattleclub Scrapbook Home