Alumnus and ichthyologist Carl Bond received B.S. and M.S. degrees from Oregon State College in 1947 and 1948. Bond also received a Ph.D. from the University of Michigan in 1963, for which he left OSU in 1959 and returned in 1960. He began his teaching and research career in OSC's Fisheries and Wildlife Dept. in 1949 as Assistant Aquatic Biologist. Specializing in the study of freshwater fish, Bond established himself as one of the world's leading authorities on Sculpin cottidae. Bond was also involved in research internationally, working in Latin America and Africa, as well as India and Iran in Peace Corps projects from 1967 to 1971. In addition to his teaching post, Bond also held the position of Assistant Dean of the Graduate School from 1969 to 1974. He became Professor Emeritus of Fisheries in 1984.
Return to Carl E. Bond Papers Home