The Benton County Foundation was established in 1953 by the Corvallis Rotary Club as a non-profit organization dedicated to the safe management and wise use of all types of charitable gifts designated by donors to be used for the benefit of Benton County. Members of the first Board of Directors included Percy Locey, E.C. Reiman, Waldo Ball, Bruce Myers, John Thomas, E.G. Quesinberry and Claude Buchanan. The members of the Board of Directors oversaw the dispersal of gifts bequeathed by donors for use by specific organizations or institutions, special fields of interest, or for unrestricted purposes. Recipients of these gifts have included Girl Scout and Boy Scout Campships, the Corvallis High School Youth Employment Service, individual scholarship awardees, and other organizations in Benton County.
More recently, the Benton County Foundation has provided support to the Corvallis Parks and Recreation Department, the Boys & Girls Club, and South Benton Youth Programs.
Return to Benton County Foundation Records Home