The Benton County Courthouse was constructed in 1888 in Corvallis, Oregon, and is the oldest courthouse in Oregon still in use for that purpose.
A.L. Strand was Benton County Commissioner at the time this scrapbook was prepared. Strand was appointed as President of Oregon State College in the fall of 1942 and led the College through World War II and the post-war period of extensive growth in students and facilities. Strand retired in 1961 and remained in Corvallis where he served a 4-year term on the Benton County Commission. He died in Corvallis in 1980.
Return to Benton County Courthouse Scrapbook Home