Azalea House, a women's cooperative residence, opened in the Fall of 1953. The idea for the house was formulated in 1945 by the Oregon Home Economics Extension Council, which recognized the post-war need for low-cost housing at OSC. Fundraising began in 1946, and the house was built in 1953. Total cost of the project was $121,450. It was designed to house 58 women.
Return to Azalea House Records Home