The Associated Women Students was established at Oregon State in 1924 with the purpose of furthering the educational, social, and cultural aims of women; all women students, alumni, and faculty were members. The organization served as an umbrella organization for all women's living groups, honorary societies, and clubs on campus and sponsored a variety of activities. The Dean of Women served as an advisor and administrative liaison with the organization. The Associated Women Students became inactive in June 1970.
Return to Associated Women Students Scrapbook Home